About ABA Academy
What is the ABA Academy?
The ABA Academy is a private school in St Petersburg and Tampa (FL) that provides state-of-the-art, individualized, educational, and therapeutic interventions for children with autism and other developmental disabilities based on the principles and methods of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
Who will benefit from attending our school?
ABA-based interventions not only benefit children with autism, but also those diagnosed with Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD-NOS), Fragile-X syndrome, Down's syndrome, Prader-Willi Syndrome, and Cerebral Palsy. We are experts in helping children with apraxia, auditory processing disorder, oppositional-defiant disorder, and obsessive compulsive disorder. We also work on self-help, social, and academic skills using proven behavioral strategies.
How is our school different from other schools?
- We start with an extensive assessment of your child's strengths and weaknesses (VBMAPP)
- We make sure your child likes our school
- We use individualized interventions specifically tailored to the needs of your child
- We use direct observation and frequent measurement of individual performance to make sure that your child continues to make progress towards his or her goals
- We include parents and other family members in our program
- We only employ instructors with extensive training in behavior analysis and hands-on experience in providing ABA-based interventions to children with autism and other developmental disabilities (for more information: www.bacb.com)